Objects

Herkaus Manto Street
Monument "Arka" ("Arch")
On 15 January 1923 the SupremeCommittee of Rescue of Lithuania Minor by armed revolt ended the way to take over the power in all Klaipėda region and city. On 30 November 2003 Tilsit Act turned 85 On...
The Old Post
The data, where was the first postal station in Klaipėda, does not exist. In 18th century Klaipėda Post was in Baderstrasse 1/2 (current – Daržų and Aukštosios street corner), where in 1775 of...
Monument to victory
On 27 May 1945 in current Lietuvininkų Square there was unveiled monument, built according to the project of engineer captain Malyšev and lance-corporal Pazdejev, dedicated to commemorate victory a...
Monument in memoriam of crew of the yacht "Budys"
In 1924 Klaipėda division of Lithuania Sea Scouts Organization was established. Soon by order of the captain Liudvikas Stulpinas the rowing and sailing boats were received, it was started to rowing...
Sculpture "Stebuklingas peliukas" („The magical mouse“)
In Klaipėda Old Town, in Kurpių street a little mouse, created by sculptors S. Jurkus and S. Plotnikovas (architect - V. Paulionis) settled down. The little mouse is magic – it fulfils wishes: in...
Monument "Kardas" ("The Sword")
The graves of soviet soldiers, who died in Klaipeda and its surroundings at the end of the Second World War, nestled to the old cemetery from the north-west side. In 1975 there was unveiled monument....
Birža (Stock exchange)
Klaipėda Stock Exchange roots go back to the 18th century. In the middle of this century trade through the Klaipėda port intensified, the number of merchants increased, and these associated into a...
Sculpture "Slibinas" ("The Dragon")
Passerby, having turned from Turgaus street to Vežėjų street, is met by dragon, coiled on the wall in front of the gallery „Pėda“. Three and a half meter long steel sculpture – an Vytautas...
Sculptural composition "Senamiesčio paštas" („Old town post“)
The crossroad of Turgaus and Tiltų streets was adorned by sculptural composition „Old Town Post“ – postbox with table and benches. This composition not only enlivens the environment, but also...
Biržos street
Biržos street – one of the oldest streets of Klaipėda. During the Second World War this part of the city has violently suffered and almost everything has been destroyed. So after the war, Biržos...
Lenin Monument
Monument to Bolshevik commander Lenin, created by architect Vytautas Edmundas Čekanauskas and sculptor Gediminas Jokūbonis, was built in Klaipėda in 1976, in current Atgimimo Square. It replaced a...
Sculpture "Neringa"
The authors of decorative sculpture „Neringa“ - sculptor Dalia Matulaitė and architect Rimantas Buivydas. The idea of giantess is expressed not by large scales, but by maximum tension of form in...
Monument "Bokštas" („Tower“)
Having turned from Turgaus street to Pasiuntinių side-street, in the square, which is set up in the place of residential quarter destroyed during Second World War, you are met by Algirdas Bosas‘s...
Memorial "Kančia" ("The Suffering")
In the postwar years at S. Daukanto street 8 the KGB division was located; cellars hold black history of torture while interrogations were carried out in rooms of the first and second floors. In 1997...
Biržos bridge
It is a steel bascule bridge over the river Danė in Klaipėda between H.Manto and Tiltų streets. It is drawbridge, lifted up for 50 degrees from both sides. The bridge is involved into Registry of...
Sculpture "Atsisveikinimas" ("The Farewell")
In Klaipėda 1941 inhabited population of about 41188. At the end of January 1945 Russians, after having captured the city found here only six people: two elder women – the Prussian Lithuanians,two...
White lighthouse
In 1834 Klaipėda Merchant Community started construction of the Northern mole. Construction took place intermittently. The first stage ended in 1858. The Northern mole was installed in two parts –...
Klaipėdos švyturys (Klaipėda lighthouse)
Klaipėda Lighthouse – a navigational signal located in Smiltynė 500 metres from the coast of the Baltic sea. The height - 44 m above the sea level. The signal is visible for 33 kilometers. The -...
Monument to the first world war heroes
After the First World War near the barracks there was equipped the so-called Heroes Alley (now – the German Military Cemetery, located in Klaipėda Recreation Park). A cup-shaped monument, then as...