Objects

Grave monument for the Gerlach family
The grave monument for the Gerlach family was opened in Klaipėda Sculpture Park on 28 September 2016.The grave monument for the prominent merchant Hermann Gerlach (1846–1913) and his wife Marie to...
“Baltischer Hof” hotel
In 1839–1842 the local press mentions a hotel and restaurant, called At the White Swan (Zum weißen Schwan). The origin of the title is related to the White Swan (Weißen Schwan) goods warehouse, a...
Memorial plate for Jurgis Arnašius
1 August 2017 marked the opening of the memorial plate with a sculptural relief, installed on a building on Jūros Street 1, in memory of Jurgis Arnašius. In 1924–1934 he used to work as the in on...
Vytautas the great gymnasium (S. Daukanto Street 31)
The Lithuanian gymnasium was established in the hall of Sandora organisation in 1922 and had 28 pupils. In 1923 it was transferred to the premises of the Teachers' Seminary. There the number of kept...
Drama Theatre (Teatro Street 2)
The building of the city theatre, referred to as the Comedy House  used to stand not far from the castle already back in 1785, but its fate is unknown.In 1803 the merchant Ch. W. Wachsenn the House...
Augusta Victoria Lycée (K. Donelaičio Street 4)
People started thinking about higher education for girls only in the early 19th c. Before the opening of a girls' class under the boy's high school in 1806, richer families used to hire governesses....
Liepų street Bridge
Liepų Street bridge over Dangė river was built in 1880 after extending Liepų Street and building a new road to Plikiai. This bridge also served for the narrow-gauge railway, built before the World...
KU Botanical Garden
In 1991 after the establishment of Klaipėda University and developing study programmes in Biology, Ecology and Recreation, the university needed a scientific research base. This was the reason for a...
Louise manor
On the other side of the river from Bachman Manor, there was the Small Meadow and Louise Manor, which belonged to the merchant Wachsen. Louise Manor was established in the eastern part of the city at...
The ashery
The first written sources on Pelenynas (the Ashery), the historical suburb of Klaipėda (Memel) city, located East of John's Hill, date back to the second half of the 17th c. On the second half of c....
Mokyklos street bridge
The growing city and increasing traffic made it necessary to build bypasses and new bridges over Dangė river. Mokyklos Street bridge, one of the 6 bridges over Dangė river in Klaipėda city does to...
The narrow-gauge railway station buildings
The narrow-gauge railway buildings were built in 1900–1905. The arrangement consists of three rectangular buildings: a single-storey storage, a single-storey station and a two-storey administration...
“Muse” sculpture
The Muse sculpture, created by Romas Klimavičius and opened on 14 May 2017 in Klaipėda old town, is dedicated to the actor and director Bronius Gražys (1934–2013). The sculpture was established...
Klaipėda Radio and Television Station
Klaipėda Radio and Television Station, also referred to as Giruliai Tower, was built in 1957. The 202 m-high tower with the altitude of 25 m is owned by the Lithuanian Radio and Television Centre. a...
The building of Rumpiškė manor
The former Rumpiškė Manor was established in the southern part of the city in 1646, almost in the middle between the Curonian Lagoon and Sendvaris. As of 1715 the manor belonged to the merchant the...
Louise pharmacy
Before the war and after the war life in the building on Minijos Street 1 revolved around pharmacy and doctors. The primary purpose of the asymmetrical two-storey building with a pitched roof was a a...
Sculpture “Angel”
The metal Angel sculpture was built on the intersection between J. Janonio and Gintaro streets on 30 November 2016.It was created during the traditional Four Winds international symposium, organised...
The Building on Bangų Street 4
The building on Bangų Street 4 (former Malūnų Pylimo Street 4), was built in the 8th decade of the 19th c.The two-storey building features several connected rectangles with a tower-stairway on the...
Monument in memory of M.S.C. Memelland motor club and the traveller A. Poška
The opening of the monument for M.S.C. Memelland motor club and the first traveller Antanas Poška on 22 July 2017 was followed by roaring motorbikes.The monument was built near the intersection and...
House of the merchant Rauschning
The house at Turgaus Street 22 was built in the late 19th c. The three-storey brick building is an example of Neo-Renaissance, except for the Romanesque cornice. In 1856, Rauschning, the former owner...