Objects

Monument for those who died for the freedom of their homeland in Exile and prisons (1941–1990)
The granite monument, depicting three generations of deportees – children, adolescents and adults – seeking for warmth, was opened in 2005 in Šilalė City Cemetery on the corner of Zobelijos and...
Chapel to mark the first church
The first mention of Šilalė in historical sources dates back to 1533 – the construction of the first church. At one time the settlement used to be referred to as Šilai Garden and later became in...
The House of Sufferings of the Deportees and Political Prisoners
The exposition of the House of Sufferings of the Deportees and Political Prisoners of Tauragė Santaka Regional Museum is established in the basement of the house at Prezidento g. 38. Tauragė refer ...
Tauragė Castle ensemble
The symbol of the city – an architectural ensemble, currently referred to as Tauragė Castle – is located on the corner of Dariaus ir Girėno and Jūros streets. It consists of three historical a...
Šilalė church of ST Francis of Assisi
Šilalė Church of St Francis of Assisi is located at M. Valančiaus g. 2. It was built in 1909 on an excellent location – the front façade is facing the historical centre of the city.The church a...
Šilalė Evangelical Lutheran church
The Evangelical Lutheran church, established in a rebuilt residential building on Nepriklausomybės g. 8 has been consecrated in 1991. Šilalė is one of the first areas of Lutheran faith in dating...
Jewish extermination site. Jewish cemetery
Intersection of S. Dariaus ir S. Girėno and Pietinio kelio streets.Up until the beginning of World War II, the majority of Šilalė’s residents were Jews. Their arrests began on 23 June 1941 (on a...
Jewish synagogue
Before World War II, Šilalė had 1406 citizens and 786 of them were Jews. A brick synagogue was built on what is the modern-day corner of V. Kudirkos and Maironio streets circa 1910-1914. It also a...
Granite monument for the Lithuanian partisans, who died in Šilalė district
The monument is located in the Šilalė city centre, Atminimo Square, on the corner of J. Basanavičiaus and Vytauto Didžiojo streets. The monument features about 180 partisan names, but, according...
Cemetery of Soviet troops
The cemetery is established at the end of Nepriklausomybės Street, near Šilalė pinewood. It is the final resting place for troops that have died in Pajūris, Kaltinėnai and Šilalė districts. of...
Memorial oak for the 16th of February 1918
The memorial oak grows on the corner of J. Basanavičiaus and Nepriklausomybės streets. The concrete bollards in its shade feature the date of 16/02/1918. These numbers state that this oak is a of a...
Tauragė Post Office Building Complex
Tauragė Post Office Building Complex is one of the oldest historical buildings in the city. The great fire of Tauragė (1836) took the post office building in the city centre and the construction of...
City pond
Šilalė city pond was created near Vytauto Didžiojo Street by building a dam for Ašutis rivulet. The dam is located in the city centre and the city often hosts various events near the pond. In it...
Memorial plate for Lithuanian reform movement, Tauragė department
During the years of the Lithuanian national revival Tauragė Central Library (currently the Tauragė Municipality Birutė Baltrušaitytė Public Library), operating since 1931, became the centre of a...
The building of Tauragė motor mill
The building of the motor mill, built by Hiršas Gitkinas near Jūra River in 1922, is an architectural engineering object, protected by the state. The building is a timber-framing three-storey motor...
Defensive fortification – the pillbox
On the eve of World War II, Soviet troops built the so-called Molotov Line – a system of defensive fortifications – along the border between the Soviet Union and Germany. Tauragė has always been...
Tauragė railway station building
The spruce railway station building, designed by Edmundas Alfonsas Frykas (1876-1944) according to classical architectural style traditions in 1927-1928, is located near Tremtinių Street and catches...
The bank palace
The bank building in Tauragė is one of the most famous examples of inter-war architecture, which survived in small towns. The Law on the Bank of Lithuania was adopted in 1922. The Bank of Lithuania,...
Wiemer Hill
The citizens of Tauragė respectfully refer to the hill on the picturesque bank of Jūra River at the outskirts of Tauragė Old Town as the hill of August Wiemer (1886–1942), an Evangelical priest...
Former NKVD headquarters
On Vytauto Didžiojo g. 9, near the church, there is the parsonage. The brick two-storey building has been built in 1939. Back in 1940, the Soviet authorities had nationalised the building, turning a...