Objects

A Merchant's House
The building at 3 Liepų st. was built in the beginning of the 20th century. A merchant used to live in this building. It is a one floor Art Nouveau style building with a garret and a main façade,...
The Commemorative Bas-Relief Plaque, Dedicated to Julius Janonis
A commemorative plaque was unveiled on the wall of the building at 2 J. Janonio st., which is dedicated to Julius Janonis, who was a Lithuanian poet and revolutionary. J. Janonio st. (former Pievų a...
Klaipėda post office
The impressive red-brick building (Liepų str 16) remains one of the most beautiful architectural monuments of the city. Trade and maritime city Klaipėda has been an important postal road point for...
Monument to Stalin at the Minijos st. and Nemuno st. fork
A 2-metre-high pedestal with a statue of Stalin used to stand at the Minijos st. and Nemuno st. fork. In 1956, after Khrushchev's famous speech against Stalin, KGB agents have commanded the of the to...
The Two Boys Statue
At one moment, Klaipėda was full of plaster-cast statues. It was typical for soviet cities to be decorated with them. One of such statues, depicting two boys, was placed in the Klaipėda Culture and...
The Boys Fountain
On K. Donelaičio st., in the courtyard of the former School of Medicine (presently, the Faculty of Health Sciences of the Klaipėda State University of Applied Sciences), there was a functioning a...
A Bust of Stalin
A bust of Stalin was placed in the square in front of the Klaipėda Drama Theatre. In 1958, it was relocated to the Aurora Cinema. The bust no longer exists.
The Tombstone Monument, Dedicated to Jonas Žilius-Jonila
A tombstone monument – a book – is built in the Kopgalis cemetery in Smiltynė, to commemorate Jonas Žilius-Jonila, the governor of Klaipėda.J. Žilius-Jonila (1870–1932) was a prominent and...
The Swans Fountain
A representative Klaipėda Swan Fountain used to stand on the right quay of the Danė (Dangė) river, in the Danė Square, next to the Birža bridge. The square with its swan fountain was a favourite...
Plaque of Honour
The plaque of honour was placed in the beginning of Danė Square in 1950–1951. Both ends of the square were planted with lime trees, while in the centre of the square, there stood a monument to The...
Monument to Stalin in Danė Square
A monument to Stalin stood in the very centre of the city – in Danė Square, behind a massive commemorative plaque. Danė Square was built in 1951. During the same year, a pedestal with a statue of...
The Friendship of the Nations Statue
A plaster-cast copy of the Friendship of the Nations monument stood in the courtyard of the Pioneer House's (present day Clock Museum). The statue depicted a black man, a white man, and an Asian man...
The Friendship of the Nations Statue
Ca. 1955, on top of a pedestal in Tarybų Square (present day Atgimimo Square), a sculptural composition was placed, which depicted a black man, a white man, and an Asian man holding hands. The to we...
The Stalin and M. Gorky Sculptural Composition
A sculptural composition of Stalin and Maxim Gorky stood in front of the main entrance of the Klaipėda Teacher's Institute, present day Faculty of Arts of Klaipėda University (4 Donelaičio st.).
The Red Army Soldier Monument
The monument was placed in the Klaipėda Soldier's Cemetery in ca. 1949. The statue was placed to honour the soldiers of the Red Army, who have died during the seizure of Klaipėda. It was the first...
Monument to Maxim Gorky
Present day Liepų st. and the 2nd Russian Gymnasium were named after Maxim Gorky exactly ten years after his death. A monument to M. Gorky was placed on a pedestal in the beginning of this street. a...
Monument to Lenin next to the train station
A monument to Lenin was unveiled on November 7th, 1951. It was placed next to the train station. The statue stood on a pedestal in front of the entrance into the train station. Lenin stood facing and...
The Girl with a Violin Statue
Until the 1960s, a plaster-cast statue of a pioneer girl playing the violin stood on a pedestal in K. Donelaitis Square. Sadly, there is no more information on this statue.
The Memorial Stone, Dedicated to Alfonsas Žalys
In 2009, a memorial stone was unveiled in the Klaipėda University campus. The memorial stone is dedicated to Alfonsas Žalys, who was one of the signatories of the Act of the Re-Establishment of the...
The Bas-Relief Plaque of the Queen Louise of Prussia, Dedicated to the Entire Royal Family
On July 30th, 1999, a bas-relief plaque of Queen Louise of Prussia was placed and unveiled on the wall of the Klaipėda City Hall, located on 17 Danės st. The plaque was dedicated to the royal that...