Objects

The Plungė Children's Library, Established in the Building of the State Forest Enterprise
The Plungė State Forest Enterprise was built in 1936, in the Plungė Park, next to the Babrungas River. According to the elderly locals, the Plungė state forest enterprise officer used to live in a...
Related routes:
The Building of Robert Meyhoefer’s Shipping Company
Robert Meyhoefer founded his shipping and travel company in 1920 and its building was built on Žvejų st. 2 (former Fischerstrasse 12) in 1923. Its construction was based on Chicago skyscraper It in...
The Kretinga Lourdes
The Kretinga Lourdes is located at J. Pabrėžos st., in the valley between the Catholic Church and the Mansion of St. Anthony of Padua. In 1933, in commemoration of the 75th anniversary of the St....
The Alsėdžiai Church
From 1421 until 1842, Alsėdžiai belonged to Samogitian bishops. The bishop's manor was built in ca. 1465, which was their permanent residence. This was also the location of various bishop also as a...
Coastal artillery battery in Kukuliškiai village
Information on these secret military objects is scarce. It is known that they were built at the beginning of the World War II. In March 1939, after Klaipėda region was attached to Germany, in to a a...
The Klaipėda Sculpture Park
The Klaipėda Sculpture Park was established in the central part of the city in 1977. Just 40 years ago, this was the location of an abandoned cemetery. Various sources claim that over 40,000 of Old...
Monument to Stalin in Giruliai
A monument to Stalin also stood in the Giruliai Pioneers Camp Between 1956 and 1958. All imagery of Stalin was being removed and the aforementioned monument was no exception.
Sculpture “Kariai” (”Soldiers”)
On November 6th, 1980, an artistic soviet soldier composition was placed on Simono Daukanto st., next to the Klaipėda Sculpture park. Sculptor Rimantas Daugintis is the author of the bronze statue....
Castle Bridge (Charles‘ Bridge)
In 1826 instead of ferry over the River Danė there was built a new wooden drawbridge, which connected the new market place, equipped between theatre and castle, with rapidly developing Northern part...
Sculpture: granite bench “Kartu sujunkime krantus” (“Let Us Unite the Shores Together”)
On May 16th, 2015, a sculpture of a granite bench, called “Kartu sujunkime krantus” (Lith. Let Us Unite the Shores Together), was revealed at the Northern Horn in Klaipėda. The sculpture is a to...
The German soldier cemetery
The German Soldier Cemetery is located on the corner of Herkaus Manto st., at the turn to Melnragė. The memorial grounds are comprised of two separate cemeteries: to the soldiers and civilians, who...
Monument to Stalin in front of the Maritime School
The square in front of the Maritime School (present day Lithuanian Maritime Academy on 7 I. Kanto st.) was also a location of a monument to Stalin. Various school events and graduation ceremonies to...
Kopgalis
The 2 kilometre section on the northern part of the Curonian Spit, opposite Klaipėda city and ending at the Southern Breakwater of the Klaipėda Port. The breakwater was built in the end of the 18th...
The "Baltija" cinema
Baltija (Lith. the Baltic) used to be the most beautiful and the most modern cinema in Klaipėda. The history of the building starts in 1854, when the brick warehouse was rebuilt after the great fire...
Memorial stone, dedicated to the 80 year anniversary of the Lithuanian song festival
On June 6th, 1927, the city of Klaipėda, along with the entire Lithuania Minor, celebrated the Lithuania Minor Song Festival. It was the first festival that was celebrated after the historic events...
The memel savings institution
Next to the Biržos Bridge, at 1 Tiltų st. (former 22a Fr. Vilhelmo st.), a yellow building was constructed in 1915. This building served as the first city bank. The coat of arms of the city of can...
The exposition at the sundial park
The courtyard of the Klaipėda Clock Museum is called the Sundial Park. Next to it stands the tower of the Central Post Office, home to the bell-based musical instrument – the carillon. Concerts on...
The City Butchery
An exclusive complex of buildings, found on 53 and 55 Liepų st., is the old butchery. It was constructed in 1914, based on the project of architect Walter Kleemann. Butchery buildings are all two a...
The military complex
In the beginning of the 20th century, the Ministry of Defence of Prussia started constructing a new military complex in Klaipėda. Building works were started in 1904, but the works were stopped due...
Tombstone monuments for soldiers of the United Kingdom
The historical Vitė cemetery is the burial place of A. Bunting and J. W. Crockson, who died in Lithuania during World War I in 1917 and 1918. These are the only two Great British soldiers, who have...