Monument "Commemorating dead for freedom", dedicated to participants of 1923 revolt
It is Cross, created by Adomas Brakas to retain the memory of participants of 1923 revolt. On 10 January 1923 in Klaipėda region started uprising, the aim of which was to join the Lithuania Minor to the Republic of Lithuania. On 15 January the insurgents won, and Klaipėda region became part of Lithuania. Dead insurgents were buried in the old cemetery. During the Soviet period the tombs have been razed to the ground. It was succeeded to save only monument, created by Adomas Brakas, which was built not near the graves, but by the central road.
The old cemetery was opened in 1820 at the current Liepų ir Trilapio streets. In the second half of the XIX century the cemetery became the pride of the townspeople, it was beautifully and richly planted, there was forbidden to smoke and walk the dogs. In 1856 it was almost filled up with tombs, and the city appealed to the government for permission to pour a layer of cemetery lands and to use it for secondary burial. Only the hills with reinforced edges remained from that time. During the Soviet period the cemetery was destroyed and converted into a park of sculptures. Park was established in 1977.