Koordinatės: 55.699545, 21.153065
Objekto adresas: Paryžiaus Komunos Street 12, Klaipeda, Lithuania
The former Rumpiškė Manor was established in the southern part of the city in 1646, almost in the middle between the Curonian Lagoon and Sendvaris. As of 1715 the manor belonged to the merchant Michael Rump. Presumably, the title of the manor could have been based on his surname. As of 1717 Rumpiškė Manor, together with its residential house was sold to Colonel Jacob de Brion. However, the new owner managed the manor only for several months until his sudden death in 1717. After his passing the manor went to the baron Heinrich von Loewen, who married the widow of Jacob de Brion. In 1736 the manor was purchased by the merchant Peter Mayer, who sold it to Johann Gabriel Kolb in 1737. After the Seven Years' War (1756–1763), the new owner Kolb restored the manor in neoclassical style. In 1778, he sold Rumpiškė (except for the meadows on the other side of the lagoon) to a butcher and ship owner Elias Ruppel. According to the census of 1871, Rumpiškė Manor included four residential buildings, inhabited by 8 families. Rumpiškė was further away from the main roads and the road from the city to manor was built only in 1905. That road was what we currently know as Rumpiškės Street. According to census of 1907, Rumpiškė Manor had 142 ha of arable land with no meadows or forest. The manor was managed by Anna Frentzel. In 1936 Rumpiškė Manor was inhabited by the mill-owner Arno Jahn. After Klaipėda region was connected to Lithuania in 1923, the city purchased the centre of the manor and built an aerodrome nearby. The historian J. Tatoris also mentioned a machinery factory, which operated near Rumpiškė Manor in the early 20th c. There also was a carriage rental of Jakob Mitzkus. As of 1971 the building of the former Rumpiškė Manor became Klaipėda City Children's Art School. The palace of Rumpiškė Manor, which was inhabited by several families, was left abandoned. Eduardas Malinauskas, the Director of the school at that time, and teachers took care of the restoration of the manor and the preservation of its original interior. In 2006 Klaipėda Children's Art School was named after the artist Adomas Brakas.