Go back to the map
Brick Truss Outbuilding
The brick truss outbuilding was constructed in the first half of the 19th century. J. Schwandt (the tenant of the manor as of 1916) made a living from growing rye, wheat, oats and barley, clovers, potatoes and beets, as well as from breeding and raising pedigree cattle, which were also included into the breeds books of the time.
There were 50 cows, 45 pedigree horses and a good amount of calves and ponies. The farms in the manor were huge. Large pastures were set up near the Danė River.
During Soviet times, the Technical School of Agriculture built a pigsty, which was later converted to the Veterinary Clinic. The building was renovated in 1999. It is now the location of a local grocery store.
Submitted: Bachmano dvaro bendruomenė
The object available in the following routes