Objects

Juodkrantė lighthouse
The Juodkrantė lighthouse was built in 1953 on Witch Hill, which has an elevation of 53 m. The lighthouse tower is black in colour, metal, and quadrangular. Its bottom part is openwork, and its part...
Amber bay
In 1855, while canalizing the waterway near Juodkrantė, the workers discovered amber in the silt soil. Shortly after that, various businessmen expressed their interest in this discovery. The first a...
Monument to Adalbert Bezzenberger
Built in 2017, author Kęstutis MusteikisA monument to famous German archaeologist, ethnographer, linguist, baltist, professor of the University of Konigsberg, Adalbert Bezzenberger (1851 – 1922) -...
Monument to Liudvikas Rėza
Built in 1994, author Artūras SakalauskasNear the L. Rėza Cultural Centre (L. Rėzos St. 8B, Juodkrantė), there is a monument to the prominent figure of the Curonian Spit, the professor of the of...
Wooden Sculptures Exposition "The Hill Of Witches" in Juodkrantė
One of the most beautiful and oldest parabolic dunes in Juodkrante is the Hill of Witches. The slopes of the hill are overgrown with centuries-old pine trees, the meander leads through the shady to a...
Juodkrante's Evangelical Lutheran Church
After the winter of 1797, which was fatal for Karvaiciai village, when the settlement became sandbound for good, a part of the residents moved to Juodkrante and began constructing a church here. The...
Herons and cormorants colony near Juodkrantė
Just outside Juodkrantė on the way towards Nida, yet before the steep Avino Hill, in the old forest is another – Garnių (Heron) Hill. It got its name from the nearby located heron and cormorant -...
Avinas hill viewpoint
Avinas hill (or Avikalnis) is in a teritory of Juodkrante landscape reserve where natural monument - parabolic dunes complex is. On the top of the hill there is a view point, from where one of the -...
Lighthouse of Pervalka (or Lighthouse of Horses)
The Pervalka lighthouse, standing in the Curonian Lagoon next to Pervalka in front of the Point of Horses on Cape Birštvynas, was built and began operating on November 27, 1900. It is the only in is...
Memorial Carving to Liudvikas Rėza
Built in 1975, author Eduardas JonušasThe sculptor Jonušas created a 7-meter high solid oak sculpture depicting Liudvikas Rėza, to commemorate the 200th anniversary of his birth. The sculpture was...
Karvaičiai dune
In the north of Karvaičių landscape reserve, between Preila and Pervalka, Karvaičių dune keeps the most tragic history of one of the Curonian Spit villages burried under the sand. Already in was...
Monument to Gintaras Paulionis
Built in 1996, author Julius Narušis.In Preila, by the sea, beside the central rescue station, there is a memorial stone paddle sculpture dedicated to the traveller Gintaras Paulionis. The Baltic a...
Vecekrugas dune
Hand-built carpet of green dune pines in the hills reveals all its beauty from the old tavern Mountain (in curonian Vecekrugo), located between Preila and Nida, in Karvaičių Landscape Reserve.It is...
Bulvikis horn
This is the widest peninsula on the Curonian Spit, a place reaching up to 3.8 km. It is believed that the cape and the nearby bay name come from the Curonian name Bulvikis. However, there is still of...
Valley of Death
In the southern part of the reservation in the lowland of dune bend lies the Valley of Death (lit. Mirties slėnis). In 1870-1872 French camp for military prisoners was located here. Due to harsh and...
Sundial - calendar
Built in 1995, authors: architect Ričardas Krištopavičius, sculptor Klaudijus Pūdymas, ethno cosmologist Libertas Klimka.The Parnidis Dune, rising up to 53 meters high, is decorated with a It of...
Sculpture „Neringa armchair“
Built in 2014, author Albertas Danilevičius.The 5-meter high oak sculpture representing an armchair is situated near the lagoon in the Valley of Silence. This sculpture reflects on the legendary who...
Lighthouse On The Hill Of Urbas (Nida)
Construction of the first lighthouse in Nida began during the 2nd half of 19th century after the war of German unification. The hexagonal red-brick tower of 27 m in height was built with greenery it...
Ethnographic cemetery and wooden tombstones
Close to Nida Evangelic Lutheran Church there is Nida ethnographic cemetery of XIX – XX c. The wooden tomb monuments of unique shape, typical for the Curonian Spit, called christenings have at the...
Nida's Evangelical Lutheran Church
Nida’s church was sanctified on October 10, 1888. Having the old building of the church rotted away, the contemporary Lutheran priest Gustav Echternach worked on construction of this church. Gothic...