Objects

The Bachmann manor mansion
After the Seven Years' War, in 1778, Wilhelm Gerhard von Koschkull became the new owner of the Bachmann Manor when he rebuilt it using bricks. Koschkull was an experienced agriculturalist and took of...
Devil's Stone
The Devil's Stone is a large rock, 4 metres high, 3.5 metres wide, and weighing approximately 50 tonnes. It is a natural heritage of national significance and is protected by the state. The rock is a...
Queen Louise's Oak Tree and Park
The Historical Park of Tauralaukis Minor. The locations is reminiscent of the times of the royal port city under the rule of Prussian Queen Louise as well as of even older times, namely the age of of...
The Boys Orphanage
The idea to build an orphanage for boys was first proposed by V. A. Rhenius. Rhenius was a very educated man and has seen a lot of the world, travelling and living in distant locations such as and he...
The Old Tauralaukis Village Cemetery
The Tauralaukis cemetery lies at the slope that leads down to the Danė River. Louise's Oak Tree and the Devil's Stone can be found near the cemetery and its within walking distance from the zone of...
Storage Building with Cowshed
In 1907, the Bachmann Manor covered 721 acres of land, 300 of which were farmlands, while meadows and other similar territories accounted for 57 acres of the land. The entire territory included 13 34...
The Tauralaukis Manor
The manor was first mentioned in 1539 (Germ. Kleine Tauralauken), when the Duke presented it to Michail Jakush, the overseer of Viehoff, as a present. It was at that moment referred to as The Manor a...
The psychiatric hospital
A psychiatric hospital was constructed in the northern part of the manor. The date of construction is unclear as various sources state dates ranging from 1929 to 1931. The style of the building a of...
The Samogitian Calvary Basilica of St. Virgin Mary's Visit
The present brick basilica is the fourth church in the Samogitian Calvary. Testimonies indicate that the first wooden church was built in 1619, the second wooden church was erected some time later in...
The Museum of Poet Vytautas Mačernis
The museum exposition was established at the initiative of poet Eugenijus Matuzevičius in 1987. The exposition tells the tragic story of the life and works of the Lithuanian poet Vytautas Mačernis....
The Mingėla Oak Tree
The diameter of the oak tree is 2.46 m and it is 21 m high. It is located in the Nausėdis district, in Vieštovėnai village. In 1960, the oak tree was declared a natural monument. The tree is in a...
The Cemetery All Saints Chapel
A chapel was built in the Old Plungė Cemetery in 1858 and was funded by Count Zubovas and parishioners. The structure was built using elements from Romantic Classicism architecture. Local craftsmen...
Plungė Church Belfry
In the 1850 Visitation Act of the Church of Plungė, written by bishop Motiejus Valančius, it states: “In place of the old wooden belfry, a new, brick three-stage belfry has been built last It was...
The Monument of St. Florian
St. Florian in the Roman Catholic faith is the saint that guards people from fires. Plungė was often ravaged by fires in the past and the inhabitants could not cope with the fiery disasters, so they...
Old Town Square
The town of Plungė is of a radial layout. The rectangular Old Town Square can be found in the centre. The streets branch out of it in five directions. They branch out further down the road, thus the...
Related routes:
The House of Pranas Genys
Pranas Genys, a poet, journalist, museum director, photographer and founder, builder, and first director of the Samogitian Museum Alka (founded in Telšiai, in 1932), constructed and lived in this On...
Related routes:
The old school of Kalotė village
The memoirs of the former residents of Kalotė village, published in the 6th-7th decade of the 20th c., mention the boscage of Kalotė (Ger. Kollater Heide), stretching westwards from Kalotė Lake to...
The Oginskis Manor Washhouse
A red brick house is built near the Babrungas River. It is the former Oginskis manor washhouse. Its maids used to wash the clothing and bedding of the Duke and of other inhabitants of the manor. used...
Related routes:
The foundations of Karklė church
Karklė Church, built in 1910, was the highlight of the entire area – the view of the church was a very popular motif on tourist cards. After the war the church was demolished by the newcomers, saw...
Karklė Cemetery (the former Cemetery of the Drowned)
Burials at the first old cemetery of Karklė are limited and the cemetery itself is included into the Register of Cultural Properties. It had different names too – the locals referred to the as the...