Objects

The Friendship of the Nations Statue
Ca. 1955, on top of a pedestal in Tarybų Square (present day Atgimimo Square), a sculptural composition was placed, which depicted a black man, a white man, and an Asian man holding hands. The to we...
The Stalin and M. Gorky Sculptural Composition
A sculptural composition of Stalin and Maxim Gorky stood in front of the main entrance of the Klaipėda Teacher's Institute, present day Faculty of Arts of Klaipėda University (4 Donelaičio st.).
The Red Army Soldier Monument
The monument was placed in the Klaipėda Soldier's Cemetery in ca. 1949. The statue was placed to honour the soldiers of the Red Army, who have died during the seizure of Klaipėda. It was the first...
Monument to Maxim Gorky
Present day Liepų st. and the 2nd Russian Gymnasium were named after Maxim Gorky exactly ten years after his death. A monument to M. Gorky was placed on a pedestal in the beginning of this street. a...
Monument to Lenin next to the train station
A monument to Lenin was unveiled on November 7th, 1951. It was placed next to the train station. The statue stood on a pedestal in front of the entrance into the train station. Lenin stood facing and...
The Girl with a Violin Statue
Until the 1960s, a plaster-cast statue of a pioneer girl playing the violin stood on a pedestal in K. Donelaitis Square. Sadly, there is no more information on this statue.
The Memorial Stone, Dedicated to Alfonsas Žalys
In 2009, a memorial stone was unveiled in the Klaipėda University campus. The memorial stone is dedicated to Alfonsas Žalys, who was one of the signatories of the Act of the Re-Establishment of the...
The Bas-Relief Plaque of the Queen Louise of Prussia, Dedicated to the Entire Royal Family
On July 30th, 1999, a bas-relief plaque of Queen Louise of Prussia was placed and unveiled on the wall of the Klaipėda City Hall, located on 17 Danės st. The plaque was dedicated to the royal that...
A Bust, Dedicated to Liudvikas Stulpinas
In July, 1991, a commemorative plaque and a bust were placed and unveiled on the building at 7 Sankryžos st., where Liudvikas Stulpinas, the first captain of the Klaipėda Port, lived. It was made a...
Commemorative Plaque, Dedicated to Vytautas Vičiulis
On the night of March 2nd, going into the 3rd, of 1989, Vytautas Vičiulis, Klaipėda's restorer and folk artist, lit himself on fire and burned to death in Lenin Square (present day Atgimimo next to...
The Commemorative Bas-Relief Plaque, Dedicated to Vilhelmas Storostas-Vydūnas
Initiated by the art club Guboja, a commemorative plaque, dedicated to Vilhelmas Storostas-Vydūnas, was placed and unveiled on the wall of the Stasys Šimkus Conservatory (15 S. Šimkaus st.). The a...
The Commemorative Bas-Relief Plaque, Dedicated to Simonas Daukantas
In 1976, a commemorative plaque was placed and unveiled on the building at 30 Herkaus Manto st (S. Daukanto st.). The plaque is dedicated to Simonas Daukantas. The following is embossed into the this...
The Commemorative Bas-Relief Plaque, Dedicated to Friedrich Wilhelm August Argelander
A commemorative plaque was placed and unveiled on the wall of the Central Post Office on 16 Liepų st., Klaipėda in 1993. It was a gift from the German Annie from Tharau Fellowship and it was to –...
The Commemorative Bas-Relief Plaque, Dedicated to Endrius Rėžulaitis
The building at 28 Liepų st. (former Aleksandro st.) in Klaipėda, where the Rėžulaitis family lived, became the location of a new commemorative plaque on July 24th, 2001, which was made by artist...
The Commemorative Bas-Relief Plaque, Dedicated to Butkų Juzė
The commemorative bas-relief plaque, dedicated to Butkų Juzė, was hung on the wall of the building that stands at the junction of S. Nėries and Butkų Juzės streets. Juozas Butkus (dubbed Butkų...
The Commemorative Bas-Relief Plaque, Dedicated to Alfonsas Žalys
A commemorative plaque, located on the wall of the building at 13 M. Mažvydo alleyway, was unveiled on December 29th, 2009. It is dedicated to Alfonsas Žalys, who was one of the signatories of the...
Commemorative Plaque, Dedicated to the Citizens of Klaipėda, who never returned from the USSR-Afghanistan war
A commemorative plaque was unveiled on February 15th, 2009, which can be found on the building at 7 Vytauto st., dedicated to the citizens of Klaipėda, who have died in the war in Afghanistan in The...
Commemorative Plaque, Dedicated to Jonas Vanagaitis
On July 6th, 2010, a commemorative plaque was placed on the wall of the building at 13 J. Karoso st. The plaque is dedicated to a civil activist and journalist of Lithuania Minor and the fosterer of...
The Commemorative Plaque, Dedicated to Antanas Merkys
A commemorative plaque has been unveiled on the building of the presently established DnB bank (10 Liepų st.), which is dedicated to a famous politician and the last Prime Minister of the Lithuania...
The Commemorative Plaque, Dedicated to Albinas Endrius Stubra
At the request of the Klaipėda District Division of the Lithuanian Journalist Union, on June 11th, 2009, the building at 10 S. Daukanto st. (former S. Dacho st.) now has a commemorative plaque on a...