Objects

The House of Merchant H. Gerlach
Until World War II, there used to stand one of the most elegant buildings in Klaipėda, which was built around the 1870s, at 11 Herkaus Manto st. (former 15 Liepojos st.). It belonged to a renown of...
Related routes:
Martynas Mažvydas pedestrian alley
In 1968 the first pedestrian avenue in Klaipėda, which was named in behalf of Martynas Mažvydas, was equiped. In such way a sense was given to Martynas Mažvydas – the first Lithuanian book M. in...
The Merchant's House-Estate
A brick two floor residential building with a garret at 54 Herkaus Manto st. is something that represents the seaside very well with its modern style, complex layout, and its roof that seems to bend...
The Home-Clinic
A physician built the house with a clinic at 49 Herkaus Manto st. in the beginning of the 20th century. The house has two floors with a semi-basement and small premises in the garret. The layout of a...
The Building at 42 Herkaus Manto st.
The building at 42 Herkaus Manto st. is a compact, rectangular two floor building with a garret and basement. It has a unique double-pitched roof. The northern part of the building has two entrances:...
The Spirit and Beer Factory Building Complex
The Spirit and Beer Factory building complex was constructed around the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century. An inn used to be located in this building in the first half of...
Related routes:
The Art Nouveau-Style House
In 1903, an Art Nouveau-style house was built at 30 Herkaus Manto st. The building is three floors high and has a garret. The façade of the building, which faces Herkaus Manto st., is full of The a...
The Capitol Cinema
XIX a. antroje pusėje pastatytas namas Herkaus Manto g. 27. Pastate XX a. pirmoje pusėje gyveno žinomas Lietuvos ir Klaipėdos krašto kultūros veikėjas Adomas Brakas (jo šeimai pastatas m.)....
Merchant Shelter
In 1863, a shelter for merchants down on their luck at 23 Herkaus Manto st. (former Liepojos St. 7) was built. It was funded by Julius Ludwig Wiener, a philanthropist and merchant.  The Merchant is...
Car Dealership
In the 19th century, the building at 24 Herkaus Manto st. (former  Libauer Str. 37b) was the home business of a florist. In the second part of the 19th century, the building was reconstructed. In of...
Related routes:
The Klaipėda Female Education Institute
In 1864, the building at 21 Herkaus Manto st. (former Liepojos St. 7) was built. It was funded by Julius Ludwig Wiener, a philanthropist and merchant. On July 31st, 1865, it became the Female The was...
Related routes:
The First Klaipėda City Library
The building at 20 Herkaus Manto st. was built in 1781. Its primary function was to serve as a shelter and hospital, which housed 10 to 12 poor people. It is a single floor house, except for the is a...
The House of Eduard Gerlach
The house at 10 Herkaus Manto street was built in the second half of the 18th century. It is a single floor classic-style building with a garret and a modern mansard-style roof. The building is not a...
Related routes:
The Gas Factory
The Gas Factory (47 Liepų st.) project was prepared and the construction works were managed by J. Hartmann, the director of the gas factory in Königsberg. The location for the gas factory was far...
The House of Optician Edwin Hein
The building at 33 Liepų st. belonged to Edwin Hein, an optician, in the first half of the 20th century. The three floor building has Neo-Baroque elements. The building stands out with its elegant,...
The Clinic of Optician Edwin Hein
The building at 31 Liepų st. was built by optician Edwin Hein. The house is two floors high, its windows are wider than those of nearby houses, and one window on the second floor, which is now due...
The Savings Institution
The building at 28 Liepų st. was built ca. 1780. It is believed that it is the second oldest house on Liepų st. The building is four floors high, has an attic and a double pitched roof. Two bay the...
The Building at 22 Liepų st.
In the first half of the 19th century, 22 Liepų st. was the city sauna. In 1902, when the city water pipeline system was built and launched for Klaipėda's 650th birthday, a smith purchased the plot...
The Memphis Freemason`s Lodge
On February 23rd, 1776, a Freemason's lodge named Memphis began its operation in Klaipėda. Its founder and the first master of the lodge was Johan Simpson, who was a merchant and industrialist.The...
The Clock Museum
The story of the building at 12 Liepų st. starts as early as the beginning of the 19th century. Hoffman, an accountant, became the first owner of the plot of land in 1778. The lot was sold to one of...