Objects

The Klaipėda Sculpture Park
The Klaipėda Sculpture Park was established in the central part of the city in 1977. Just 40 years ago, this was the location of an abandoned cemetery. Various sources claim that over 40,000 of Old...
Monument to Stalin in Giruliai
A monument to Stalin also stood in the Giruliai Pioneers Camp Between 1956 and 1958. All imagery of Stalin was being removed and the aforementioned monument was no exception.
Sculpture “Kariai” (”Soldiers”)
On November 6th, 1980, an artistic soviet soldier composition was placed on Simono Daukanto st., next to the Klaipėda Sculpture park. Sculptor Rimantas Daugintis is the author of the bronze statue....
Castle Bridge (Charles‘ Bridge)
In 1826 instead of ferry over the River Danė there was built a new wooden drawbridge, which connected the new market place, equipped between theatre and castle, with rapidly developing Northern part...
Sculpture: granite bench “Kartu sujunkime krantus” (“Let Us Unite the Shores Together”)
On May 16th, 2015, a sculpture of a granite bench, called “Kartu sujunkime krantus” (Lith. Let Us Unite the Shores Together), was revealed at the Northern Horn in Klaipėda. The sculpture is a to...
The German soldier cemetery
The German Soldier Cemetery is located on the corner of Herkaus Manto st., at the turn to Melnragė. The memorial grounds are comprised of two separate cemeteries: to the soldiers and civilians, who...
Monument to Stalin in front of the Maritime School
The square in front of the Maritime School (present day Lithuanian Maritime Academy on 7 I. Kanto st.) was also a location of a monument to Stalin. Various school events and graduation ceremonies to...
Kopgalis
The 2 kilometre section on the northern part of the Curonian Spit, opposite Klaipėda city and ending at the Southern Breakwater of the Klaipėda Port. The breakwater was built in the end of the 18th...
The "Baltija" cinema
Baltija (Lith. the Baltic) used to be the most beautiful and the most modern cinema in Klaipėda. The history of the building starts in 1854, when the brick warehouse was rebuilt after the great fire...
Memorial stone, dedicated to the 80 year anniversary of the Lithuanian song festival
On June 6th, 1927, the city of Klaipėda, along with the entire Lithuania Minor, celebrated the Lithuania Minor Song Festival. It was the first festival that was celebrated after the historic events...
The memel savings institution
Next to the Biržos Bridge, at 1 Tiltų st. (former 22a Fr. Vilhelmo st.), a yellow building was constructed in 1915. This building served as the first city bank. The coat of arms of the city of can...
The exposition at the sundial park
The courtyard of the Klaipėda Clock Museum is called the Sundial Park. Next to it stands the tower of the Central Post Office, home to the bell-based musical instrument – the carillon. Concerts on...
The City Butchery
An exclusive complex of buildings, found on 53 and 55 Liepų st., is the old butchery. It was constructed in 1914, based on the project of architect Walter Kleemann. Butchery buildings are all two a...
The military complex
In the beginning of the 20th century, the Ministry of Defence of Prussia started constructing a new military complex in Klaipėda. Building works were started in 1904, but the works were stopped due...
Tombstone monuments for soldiers of the United Kingdom
The historical Vitė cemetery is the burial place of A. Bunting and J. W. Crockson, who died in Lithuania during World War I in 1917 and 1918. These are the only two Great British soldiers, who have...
St. John's Hill
The defensive mound that reminds people of the times when Klaipėda (Memel) was a city-stronghold is now called St. John's Hill. It was formed in the last decades of the 17th century, when the city a...
The pillar of information
In 1889, the merchants built the original pillar of information, referred to as the metrological pillar, at Biržos Bridge. The pillar is five metres high and rectangular in shape. It is reminiscent...
Banga, the sculptural composition to commemorate M. Reisgys and his family
The Banga (Lith. Wave) statue is located in the university campus and is dedicated to the president of Lithuania Minor, Martynas Reisgys, and his family. The statue is made from steel, black metal, ,...
The Elephant's House
The Elephant's House is a former truss warehouse, which stood next to villas and other expensive houses at 11 Herkaus Manto st. (former 14 Liepojos st.). In 1818, the Elephant's House was built, in...
The Building at 37 Herkaus Manto st.
The house at 37 Herkaus Manto st. was built in the end of the 19th century. It is a two floor building, rectangular in its shape and has a pitched roof. Viktoras Gaigalaitis, a renown Klaipėda and...