Objects

Foundation of the beacon in Bomelsvitte
A part of the port of Klaipėda infrastructure. The navigational landmark was built here in 1852 and restored in 1915.
The herring warehouse
Dange herring warehouse was built in 1861. A part of Danė (Dangė) river port. The area nearby was left for taking water from the river in case of fire.
Warehouse "Germania"
Germania agricultural produce warehouse, built in 1871. A part of Danė (Dangė) river port. The area nearby was left for taking water from the river in case of fire.
Location of the sailboat shipyard
A part of Danė (Dangė) river port. The first sea-going sailboats in Klaipėda were built in this location in 1517-1519. One of the river branches flowed along Didžioji Vandens Street and the was...
The Royal Warehouse
The Royal Warehouse was built in the 18th c. A part of Danė (Dangė) river port.
Sailboat shipyard
A part of Danė (Dangė) river. In 1830-1873 the shipyard of B. Pieper, located in this place, built 144 – the largest number of sailboats in Klaipėda.
Buildings of Maistas joint stock company
The group of Bauhaus style administration buildings, built in 1928, together with the slaughterhouse, a bacon preparation workhshops, fridges for meat and butter, quay and ships constituted...
Paul Lindenau Shipyard Complex
Before World War I, the equipment of Klaipėda's shipbuilders was purchased by Paul Lindenau, a ship building engineer, originating from Vėluva (Ger. Wehlau), who fully took over the territory in In...
Ludwig Hagen dune and monument
Monument for Ludwig Hagen (1829-1892), inspector of the port of Klaipėda, on the dune named after him. In 1876-1892 Ludwig Hagen prepared development plans for the largest German ports and...
The Alley of Love and the ensemble of roofed poles
The wide promenade, referred to as the Alley of Love, is winding along the left bank of Jūra River for nearly a kilometre. It was built and given the romantic title back in 1934-1936. Quite a lot of...
Charles' warehouse
Charles' warehouse, built in the second half of the 19th c. was a part of Danė (Dangė) river port. The remaining paint on the façade indicates the Raiffeisen freight forwarding company that used...
Monument for the participants of the revolt of Tauragė in1927
The monument for the participants of the revolt of Tauragė in 1927 is located at the outskirts of the town, at the confluence of Jūra and Miltauja rivers. The revolt of Tauragė (also referred to 9...
The bridge over Jūra River
The modern-day reinforced concrete bridge over Jūra River, being a part of the route Riga-Šiauliai-Tauragė-Kaliningrad, is already the fourth (if we don't include the temporary bridges). The first...
Monument in memory of the partisans of the Kęstutis Military District
The monument in memory of the partisans of Kęstutis Militaray District was opened on 30 May 2009 during a city celebration in the square of the Roman Catholic Church of the Holy Trinity. The was by...
Jūra River park
The small 6 ha park stretches along Jūra River not far from the city centre. It begins near Molupis rivulet and ends along Vymer (Wiemer) Hill. Some of the trees in the park have been planted in the...
Tauragė Church of the Holy Trinity
The Church of the Holy Trinity stands on a high embankment of Jūra river. The first catholic house of prayer in Tauragė, just like the city itself, was first mentioned in 1507, but the data about 5...
Šilale pinewood
The beautiful pinewood is snuggled against the northern part of the city. Šilalė pinewood is a great place for serene walks, sports and free time. In the summertime, the open air stage hosts...
Partisan mass grave
The partisan mass grave is located near the Evangelical Lutheran cemetery, at the north eastern edge of the town in the Šilalė pinewood. Namely this became the final resting place of the partisans...
Monument for J. Tartilavičius-Batakietis, Introducer of reformation in Lithuania
The memorial stone for Jonas Tartilavičius-Batakietis (Tartylowicz Batocki, ?–1558), who preached Evangelical teachings and promoted ideas of Reformation while working as a priest in Šilalė in 8...
Monument for the pilots S. Darius and S. Girėnas
The monument is located in the city central square, at the corner of J. Basanavičiaus and V. Kudirkos streets. That is a stone composition, depicting Lituanica, which crashed in the forest. The were...