Objects

Decorative sculpture „Rest“
Built in 1962, author Juozas Ruzgas.The bronze sculpture “Rest”, which depicts a woman relaxing on the beach, is situated in the centre of Nida, in the square adjacent to the Art School (Pamario...
Memorial sculpture to Vytautas Kernagis
Built in 2009, author Romualdas Kvintas.The sculpture is dedicated to the pioneer of Lithuanian sung poetry, performer and songwriter Vytautas Kernagis. Nida was chosen to memorialise the maestro as...
Decorative sculpture „Jūratė and Kastytis“
Built in 1984, author Eduardas Jonušas.The copper sculpture represents a love scene between the well-known legendary characters, the goddess Jūratė and the fisherman Kastytis. The sculpture was by...
Memorial plate for Petras Tarasenka
On 15 January 2018, during the 95th anniversary of returning Klaipėda region to Lithuania, the memorial plate for Petras Tarasenka was installed on the building of the Institute of Baltic Region and...
Rice mill
The Rice Mill was the so-called "three-roof" warehouse, built in the 18th c. At first it was a 4-5 storey timber framing warehouse with three gable roofs. Later, it was heightened with a stepped roof...
Gedminai manor
The Gedmin Farm (Gedmin Herde) was first mentioned in 1588 and belonged to Klaipėda scribe Vilhelm Wirgauder. In 1657, the manor was granted the city rights of Kulm, later – the rights of a noble...
Aurora cinema
The ornate Aurora cinema was built in 1953 to satisfy the cultural needs of Klaipėda's fishermen. It had a 330 seat cinema hall, a spacious lobby and a balcony with a press stand and a buffet. The a...
Klaipėda railway station
The railway line between Tilsit and Klaipėda, as well as the building of Klaipėda Railway Station on Priestočio Street 1 with the first paved representative square of the city were built in The of...
Memorial plate for Liudvikas Stulpinas
The memorial plate, featuring a bas-relief of the prominent Lithuanian seaman and Captain of the Port of Klaipėda – Liudvikas Stulpinas (1871–1934) was opened in Klaipėda on the wall of a on 9...
UNESCO landmark
Built in 2004, author Gintautas Survila.The unique creation of humans and nature, the Curonian Spit, which is located on the territory of two countries, Lithuania and Russia, has been on UNESCO's To...
Catholic Church In Nida
This settlement of the Curonian Spit had never had a Catholic church before. The believers of Nida, having a brotherly permission of the Lutherans, had been praying in the church given back to them a...
Decorative sculpture „Neringa“
Built in 2013, author Juozas Ruzgas.The square, while undergoing renovation had become a temporary shelter for the sculpture, a present to the town – in search of the best place, it, nonetheless, a...
Decorative sculpture „The elk of Nida“
Built in 2012, author Saulius Juchnevičius.This sculpture depicts the biggest animal of the Curonian Spit, the elk, which is often regarded as the symbol of forests of the Curonian Spit. Fascination...
Weathervanes Exposition along quay of Nida
From ancient times, fishers in the Curonian Lagoon fished from wooden boats called Kurenkahns because of their fishing method and used nets. These ships were used mainly for fishing.Kurenkahns are by...
Avenue of the Stars
Opened in 1997.The Avenue of Stars was opened in the centre of Nida to immortalise the famous Lithuanian music festival “Ben, let‘s sail to Nida!”, its prize winners and the author and of the...
Monument to G. D. Kuvertas
Built in 1864.The memorial monument to George David Kuwert was built in 1864 in the Cemetery of Foresters near the Nida-Smiltynė highway at the G.D. Kuverto street junction. In 1825, G.D. Kuwert on...
Writer Thomas Mann Memorial Museum
Thomas Mann first visited Nida in 1929 after his visit in Rauschen. Recalling his visit there he wrote in his Essay of life: "We spent several days in the fishing village of Nida and we were so by of...
Fisherman‘s Ethnographic Homestead in Nida
The main building in the Fisherman's Ethnographic Farmstead was built in 1900, but in the beginning of eighties ice floes destroyed the dwelling house. The family that lived there was moved to place...
Grave monument for the Gerlach family
The grave monument for the Gerlach family was opened in Klaipėda Sculpture Park on 28 September 2016.The grave monument for the prominent merchant Hermann Gerlach (1846–1913) and his wife Marie to...
“Baltischer Hof” hotel
In 1839–1842 the local press mentions a hotel and restaurant, called At the White Swan (Zum weißen Schwan). The origin of the title is related to the White Swan (Weißen Schwan) goods warehouse, a...