Go back to the map
Nida's Evangelical Lutheran Church
Koordinatės: 55.30932169098416, 21.00697013372053 Objekto adresas: Pamario Street 37, Nida, Lithuania Savivaldybė: Neringa
Nida’s church was sanctified on October 10, 1888. Having the old building of the church rotted away, the contemporary Lutheran priest Gustav Echternach worked on construction of this church. Beautiful Gothic style red-bricked building of Nida’s Evangelical Lutheran Church survived despite of all devastations of the Postwar period. During 1966 – 1988, History Museum of the Curonian Spit was functioning in the building of Nida’s church. Organs were constructed in 1984. Since the end of 1988, worship sessions are performed in the church again. Wooden ceiling, window stained glass, and E. Molenhauer’s picture “Christ Reaches out His Hand to the Apostle Peter, Who is Afraid to Sink” provide the church’s interior with cosyness. The church could also be proud of excellent organs of Karaliaucius’ (Kaliningrad) „Gebauer“ Company and the present of Keizer’s wife Victoria – three chandeliers (presently, the exact copies of them, which were produced according to remained Postwar original, are placed in the church).
Text extract from the book of Nijole Strakauskaite „The Curonian Spit – European Postal Road“ and the article of N. Strakauskaite in the publication „Neringa“, 1998.
Submitted: Nidos kultūros ir turizmo informacijos centras „Agila“ | Taikos g. 4, Nida, LT-93121 Neringa | +370 469 52345