Koordinatės: 55.706695, 21.126508
Objekto adresas: Žvejų street 22, Klaipeda, Lithuania
The Rice Mill was the so-called "three-roof" warehouse, built in the 18th c. At first it was a 4-5 storey timber framing warehouse with three gable roofs. Later, it was heightened with a stepped single-pitched gable roof and became a mill house for processing the rice, brought from China. A part of Klaipėda castle and Danė (Dangė) river ports. The warehouse, located near the entrance to the defensive ditch around Klaipėda castle, has changed its owners and exterior several times: In 1790 it was know ans the warehouse of 'three gables', in 1860 – as Hermico warehouse, and in 1930 – as Astra rice mill. After World War II, the building was destroyed and what survived to this day were only the brick fragments of the ground floor, which became the office of the port's administration. The building was restored in 2008 in its authentic volume, featuring a double facade of glass and timber framing, reminiscent of the old rice mill. After the reconstruction (2008), the building became a modern three-star hotel Old Mill Hotel.