Koordinatės: 55.71129, 21.129242
Objekto adresas: Puodžių Street 1, Klaipeda, Lithuania
The higher (Latin) school was opened in Klaipėda in the early 18th c. At the end of the same century it was reorganised into a Realschule. Around 1814 it was located on Tomo Street, near St John's church and was referred to as the Higher School of Citizens. The new building was built after the great fire of 1856. In 1860 Klaipėda Higher School of Citizens was reorganised into a gymnasium and named after the Queen Louise. For several decades it was funded by the city's magistrate until in 1888 it was acknowledged as a state (royal) gymnasium. The construction of the new gymnasium building on Puodžių Street 1 started in 1889. The building features neoclassical details and was built by the state according to the project of the architect Luthja. The gymnasium was opened in 1891 with a procession, classical performances and a show of gymnastic exercises. Queen Louise Gymnasium on Puodžių Street 1 operated from 1891 to 1945. It was an important cultural centre. The school was made famous by high-level teachers and students. After World War II the building housed a Russian 2nd Middle School, which was transferred to Klaipėda M. Gorkis School in 1975. In 1947 the building became the Pioneer and Pupil House. In 1989 the title was changed to Klaipėda City Pupils' House. In 1991 Klaipėda Pupils' House was reorganised into Klaipėda Youth Centre. In 2009 Inkarėlis dance studio and Aušra theatre studio were reorganised into structural divisions of Klaipėda Youth Centre. In 2016 the title of Klaipėda Youth Centre was changed into Klaipėda Youth Centre of Queen Louise.