Koordinatės: 55.70811002820656, 21.133148313144602
Objekto adresas: Turgaus str. 3, Klaipeda, Lithuania
In 1921–1939 the building on Turgaus street 3 (former Marktstrasse 48/49) belonged to Rytas Press and Publishing Company. Some of its employees included Adomas Brakas, Viktoras Gailius and Jokūbas Stikliorius. The company was liquidated in 1939. It published 180 books for the readers of Lithuania Minor and about 200 books for Lithuania Major. It also published newspapers Lietuvos keleivis (1924–1939), Klaipėdos žinios (1924–1926), Darbininkų balsas (1931–1933, 1935–1939), Vakarai (1936–1938), Baltischer Beobachter (1936–1939), the magazine Pagalba (1923–1932) and other publications. In 1920–1923 Rytas Company published Prūsų lietuvių balsas for the Lithuanian national movement (1919–1923). In 1922 the writer Ieva Simonaitytė worked at its editorial office. After the revolt of 15 January 1923 she continued to work at the newspaper as the editor-in-chief until 1924. As of 1924 Prūsų lietuvių balsas was replaced by Lietuvos keleivis. In 1925 there was also Elta telegraph agency. The building was also owned by several hotels: the Britisch Hotel in 1848, renamed to Berliner Hof as of 1915 and to Rytas as of 1920. At some time this building hosted the office of the Dr Valteris Didžys, a long-time acquaintance of Ieva Simonaitytė. After the war the building was reconstructed.