The Building of the Representation of Lithuania on Žvejų Street 5
Koordinatės: 55.709587, 21.133006
Objekto adresas: Žvejų str. 5, Klaipeda, Lithuania
The Representation of Lithuania was established in Klaipėda region in 1920, with Captain Leopoldas Dimša appointed as the representative of the Republic of Lithuania. In 1922 he was succeeded by Jonas Žilius. In 1920–1921 the institution was referred to as the Military Representation of Lithuania in Klaipėda region. The representation was established on Žvejų street (former Fischerstrasse 11), while in 1922 was moved to the teacher's seminary and operated as a consulate. In 1921 the administration of the Representation of Lithuania in Klaipėda employed the writer Ieva Simonaitytė. In 1926–1929 this building also was the Bank of Lithuania. The building still stands there today.