Koordinatės: 55.711939404309184, 21.13151446627046
Objekto adresas: Herkaus Manto street 1, Klaipėda, Lithuania
Zybert‘s (Siebert) printing-publishing house operated in Klaipėda since 1865 to 1944 in Biržos street 8 (currently - Herkaus Manto street 1). Up to 1944 Zybert‘s (Siebert) printing-publishing house published the most famous publication of Klaipėda – daily newspaper „Memeler Dampfboot“ (Klaipėda Steamer). For this reason the building sometimes was called „Memeler Dampfboot“ House. The enterprise had a press, lithography, bookbinding, bookstore. In printing house there were published books as well as small publications in Lithuanian language for Lithuania Minor. The enterprise published newspapers in Lithuanian and German languages. It issued the first newspaper of Klaipėda (from 1867) „Memeler Zeitung“ (Klaipėda‘s newspaper) as well as other periodicals „Pakajaus balsas“, „Keleivis“, „Lietuviškos kalendros“. From 1905 to 1940 there was published „Lithuanian ceitunga“, whereas from 1923 – magazine „Žiburėlis“ (Little Light). About 80 Lithuanian books there have been published. In 1866 the printing house was established in this building by Friedrich Wilhelm Zybert (F. W. Siebert). In 1872 the publishing house „Memeler Dampfboot“ opened the door. In 1924 Hermann Wilhelm Zybert (H. W. Siebert) started to build a modern four-storey house at the beginning of Herkus Mantas street. In front of it there was a new building of city‘s saving bank. In 1938 the old house, which stood in the courtyard, was demolished. In 1939 the Board of joint-stock company „Memeler Dampfboot“ moved into a new house. The ground floor had a large hall, printing facilities, bindery. There were established three modern AEG shops, Kaiser‘s coffee shop, pharmacy, commercial library. Upstairs there were equipped new apartments of 3, 4 and 5 – rooms. From Vytautas street side there were equipped premises for journalists, two official apartments. In 1944 the editorial office moved to Heiligenbeil, where thence „Memeler Dampfboot“ was printed. Since 1948 so far it is published in Oldenburg. After the war mentioned damaged building was recontructed. Now on the first floor of this building the pizzeria „Bambola“ and other institutions are operating, on the top floor there are apartments.